Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

Slapshot

SS76 - 7-31-2008 at 10:27 AM

any reason Blast Furnace isn't on itunes? I'm dying to hear more off that album...

XHonusWagnerX - 7-31-2008 at 10:35 AM

Is there other Slapshot stuff on iTunes?

This is just a guess, but I would say.....

It was on We Bite Records and I think the lable is long gone so there is probably no one to bother doing anything with the records they did (Blast Furnace, Unconsciousness & Live @ SO36).

I put a Slapshot song on the Mix that I uploaded (link is in the thread with the others) off of Blast Furnace (breakaway). It isnt really what most people want out of a Slapshot song, but I think its a really good song!

SS76 - 7-31-2008 at 10:38 AM

slapshot has 8 albums on itunes. My interest in blast furnace came from your song...the best slapshot song I've ever heard!

panzerkreuzer - 7-31-2008 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von Shootingscars
..the best slapshot song I've ever heard!

:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

imo blast furnace is their worst output.the whole we bite era wasn´t a highlight in slapshot´s career.

SS76 - 7-31-2008 at 10:46 AM

I like anything more metal sounding....especially that Totenmond song on your mix panzerkreuzer. Fucking brutal!

panzerkreuzer - 7-31-2008 at 10:51 AM

i´ll upload blast furnace for you. gimme some time.
yes, totenmond is the hardest band i know. don´t know if you can get their stuff in the us, but i can send you some of their stuff.

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by panzerkreuzer
Quote:

imo blast furnace is their worst output.the whole we bite era wasn´t a highlight in slapshot´s career.

I have to agree with that, and I played on it!

Although Unconsciousness has some amazing songs on it, but not for slapshot. It should of been released under a different name.

SS76 - 7-31-2008 at 10:57 AM

very much appreciated, panzerkreuzer. Yeah, when I heard breakaway I had to double check because I thought it was a different band. For every 10 people that hate a cd, 1 will always love it.

panzerkreuzer - 7-31-2008 at 10:57 AM

what did you play on it?

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 11:02 AM

Blast Furnace
Live at SO36
Unconsciousness
16 Valve Hate
Old Time Hardcore
Digital Warfare
Tear It Down

And the next, un-named record

panzerkreuzer - 7-31-2008 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Ursprünglich verfasst von xoversux

there will be another record?? i´m excited. can´t wait for it. any detailed plans yet?
you know that you set this board on fire saying something like this?

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 11:15 AM

Quote:

you know that you set this board on fire saying something like this?

LOL.

No real real plans as of yet.

panzerkreuzer - 7-31-2008 at 11:23 AM

shootinscars, check your u2u s

SS76 - 7-31-2008 at 11:31 AM

Recht schonen dank!!!!(hope thats right)my workday is gonna drag thinking about all this new shit now!

MikeCore - 7-31-2008 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:

MikeCore - 7-31-2008 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xoversux
Blast Furnace
Live at SO36
Unconsciousness
16 Valve Hate
Old Time Hardcore
Digital Warfare
Tear It Down

Hey Chris...it's nice to have someone from Slapshot actually posting here...I guess we just can't pull Choke away from WoW and pr0n......The show in FL was fun...the wife and I came down from Charlotte, NC for that one. Hadn't seen you guys since NYC '95. I have a first generation video of this show I have to get on YouTube one of these days. Get that new record out and PLAY MORE SHOWS IN THE STATES :tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

XHonusWagnerX - 7-31-2008 at 12:36 PM

I dont listen to it often, but I listen to Blast Furnace more than Unconsciousness or Live @ SO36.

Mainly I listen to the BOTM/Step On It CD, Tear It Down and some weird/rare stuff I have.

Also I agree with MikeCore...
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeCore
PLAY MORE SHOWS IN THE STATES :tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

panzerkreuzer - 7-31-2008 at 12:37 PM

i want that weird rare stuff!!!

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Blast Furnace
Live at SO36
Unconsciousness
16 Valve Hate
Old Time Hardcore
Digital Warfare
Tear It Down

Hey Chris...it's nice to have someone from Slapshot actually posting here...I guess we just can't pull Choke away from WoW and pr0n......The show in FL was fun...the wife and I came down from Charlotte, NC for that one. Hadn't seen you guys since NYC '95. I have a first generation video of this show I have to get on YouTube one of these days. Get that new record out and PLAY MORE SHOWS IN THE STATES :tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble::tumble:

Thanks... Choke won't visit/post on MBs anymore, it's not good for his blood pressure!

BTW: we would play in the states but a lot of people don't get our "type" of humor and take us seriously so promoters get threatened with violence.

Get that NYC footage on, that was at CIH right? I hung out with Stigma all night, those were the days!

MikeCore - 7-31-2008 at 01:32 PM

Quote:

Get that NYC footage on, that was at CIH right? I hung out with Stigma all night, those were the days!

Yup, Coney Island High! My sister actually shot the footage, I was up front dancing and singing. It was the first 'real'
Slapshot show I had seen since '91 at the Liberty Club (I think) in Philly...I saw you guys at the Revival in Philly in April '92 but it was that strange 'We bit' era lineup and the vibe was way different. That all changed at that CIH show. You guys where finally back in '89-'90 form and I was fuckin' siked :) I'm just happy you guys have kept it that way since. Stiiiiiiiiiiiigmaaaaaaaaaa!!! :singing::singing: Weed really helps your BP :smilegrin:

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Weed really helps your BP :smilegrin:

I'll mention that to him!

Discipline - 7-31-2008 at 03:14 PM

Wish I could see Slapshot just once.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-31-2008 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline

Attn Chris: Canada! Lets.... Fucking.... Go!

Discipline - 7-31-2008 at 04:32 PM

Hell yeah. Cokes are on me!:bouncing:

ShawnRefuse - 7-31-2008 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yup, Coney Island High! My sister actually shot the footage, I was up front dancing and singing. It was the first 'real'
Slapshot show I had seen since '91 at the Liberty Club (I think) in Philly...I saw you guys at the Revival in Philly in April '92 but it was that strange 'We bit' era lineup and the vibe was way different. That all changed at that CIH show. You guys where finally back in '89-'90 form and I was fuckin' siked :) I'm just happy you guys have kept it that way since. Stiiiiiiiiiiiigmaaaaaaaaaa!!! :singing::singing: Weed really helps your BP :smilegrin:

I am working on venues that have backbones. Believe me, I would have loved to have you guys play our CD Release this Sunday. I personally think the "threats" were exaggerated. But I couldn't convince them. Too bad too, it is an awesome venue.

Maybe try to make it out, I'll get you a coke or something. I'll send you a message with some ideas in the next few days. I am thinking October though.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-31-2008 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnRefuse
I am thinking October though.

Ohhhh a Halloween show so that they can all play in disguises!!

SS76 - 7-31-2008 at 08:17 PM

checked out blast furnace today....I'm liking it. Faves are a tie between wired and breakaway. the samples are a great addition too.

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:

Sounds like a plan, just get us the visa's and have the merch made there.

xoversux - 7-31-2008 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
I personally think the "threats" were exaggerated. But I couldn't convince them. Too bad too, it is an awesome venue.

I tend to agree, based on some of the bands we play with in Europe.

Quote:
Maybe try to make it out, I'll get you a coke or something. I'll send you a message with some ideas in the next few days. I am thinking October though.

Let me know.

XHonusWagnerX - 7-31-2008 at 09:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im sure we could find a way to get the merch made, but I dont even really know what a visa is. :umm:

Discipline - 7-31-2008 at 10:13 PM

Sneak over the border!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody else does.

MikeCore - 7-31-2008 at 11:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I am thinking October though.

Ohhhh a Halloween show so that they can all play in disguises!!

PERFECT!!!! :starhit:

MikeCore - 8-1-2008 at 12:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im sure we could find a way to get the merch made, but I dont even really know what a visa is. :umm:

Couldn't you guys just use your passports to get in? If you're only going for one show I don't see why not? Or does it have to do with getting paid in a foreign country? I have never toured before so I dunno....Either way I'm half baked and it's movie time :smirk:

ShawnRefuse - 8-1-2008 at 09:51 AM

Canada is tough unless you are using someones equipment. If they even see a little bit, they bend you over for the "work visa" they will even go as far as checking the internet for shows you are playing.

xoversux - 8-4-2008 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Canada is tough unless you are using someones equipment. If they even see a little bit, they bend you over for the "work visa" they will even go as far as checking the internet for shows you are playing.

Exactly. You need working permits, and they are very hard to obtain for Canada.

MyOwnWay - 8-6-2008 at 10:09 PM

www.championshippa.com

Slapshot should play there.

Just sayin.

xoversux - 8-7-2008 at 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
www.championshippa.com

Just sayin.

Sure, we'd play there.

XHonusWagnerX - 8-7-2008 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by MyOwnWay
www.championshippa.com

Just sayin.

Sure, we'd play there.

make it happen!

XHonusWagnerX - 8-7-2008 at 10:16 AM

interesting stuff from 'the other board'

Quote:
Canada will probably happen next spring

Quote:
Or probably on a high profile package tour of the states after the next record.

Quote:
Yeah, contrary to popular belief, bands make records and play shows, what Slapshot has been doing for over 25 years (like it or not).

I know conventional hardcore wisdom says that you form a band, put out the obligatory over hyped 7in and then full length then play some shows in some basements then break up 6 months later then re-unite 3 months later for all the kids that weren't into HC a year earlier.

No offense but I'm so glad I'm not part of the "scene".

DAK - 8-7-2008 at 10:49 AM

Play Texas!!!! damit.....please:D

xoversux - 8-7-2008 at 11:16 AM

Quote:
interesting stuff from 'the other board'

Quote:
Canada will probably happen next spring

Quote:
Or probably on a high profile package tour of the states after the next record.

Quote:
Yeah, contrary to popular belief, bands make records and play shows, what Slapshot has been doing for over 25 years (like it or not).

I know conventional hardcore wisdom says that you form a band, put out the obligatory over hyped 7in and then full length then play some shows in some basements then break up 6 months later then re-unite 3 months later for all the kids that weren't into HC a year earlier.

No offense but I'm so glad I'm not part of the "scene".

wow somebody else has my screen name.