Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

shorts

gavin - 6-1-2007 at 12:28 PM

youz wear shorts?
this is the first year ive really worn them in many many years mostly cuz i dont give a crap how much of a tool i look like anymore
its too friggin hot out alreasy

dickies shorts, wife beater, white socks and black slip on vans is my all summer style this year

thats some vato shit right there holmes

Discipline - 6-1-2007 at 12:47 PM

Nothing wrong with shorts. They show off my sexy legs.:)

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 6-1-2007 at 12:53 PM

I know motherfuckers down here that wear shorts all year.

stateofdisgrace - 6-1-2007 at 12:58 PM

I love them! Wish I could wear those things all year. I hate long pants.

XHonusWagnerX - 6-1-2007 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC

I wear shorts all year long... I HATE long pants! Im the moron outside shoveling with shorts on in December!

clevohardcore - 6-1-2007 at 01:36 PM

been wearing them for about a month now. It's been hot out.

Discipline - 6-1-2007 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Im the moron outside shoveling with shorts on in December!

Done that myself more than a few times.

upyerbum - 6-1-2007 at 01:54 PM

Levi's jeans, Doc Marten boots, cuz I'm just too cool. Shorts make me feel like a tool, I don't cuff my jeans or wear braces for the very same reason.

DAK - 6-1-2007 at 02:23 PM

I'm in Texas so I wear them all year long.

BDx13 - 6-1-2007 at 02:23 PM

absolutely.
as a fat guy, it's imperative.
green or kakahi shorts, a tucked in tshirt and a button up or Fred Perry polo.
done.

JUICE MAYNE MSHC - 6-1-2007 at 02:50 PM

shirt tucked in? Fat fucks are never supposed to do that. You'll never catch me tucking my shirt in. It's like shining a spotlight on your gut

BDx13 - 6-1-2007 at 03:25 PM

aaahhh, allow me to explain!

i tuck the tshirt in UNDER the polo or button up, which is NOT tucked in.
this offers many advantages...
1) the tucked in undershirt keeps the big belly from flopping around too much
2) all of the sweat is absorbed by the undershirt, keeping the other shirt (and me!) looking reasonably fresh

the downside, of course, is that you're wearing two shirts, but it's worth it for me.

Discipline - 6-1-2007 at 03:27 PM

Wearing pants I have to tuck my shirt in, it feels wrong otherwise. Let them stare at my gut. With shorts I never tuck in my shirt. Don't know why.

defstarsteve - 6-1-2007 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE MAYNE MSHC

I wear shorts all year long... I HATE long pants! Im the moron outside shoveling with shorts on in December!

I grew up in cali
I'll wear shorts till the day I die...

I own 1 pair of dickies pants for when I have to look nice...

morgan - 6-1-2007 at 05:12 PM

Can't buy shorts in anymore. I have to buy pants and cut them to the right length. Can be kind of annoying but thats the only option I have. I'm a big supporter of the tucked in undershirt/wife beater.

DaveMoral - 6-1-2007 at 06:03 PM

I wear Dickies double knee pants all year long. I hate how I look in shorts. Though I've been home all day so I'm wearing some camos that I cut off a couple years ago.

Siczine.com - 6-1-2007 at 08:25 PM

I wear mad dickie shorts and jean shorts, and love them.

panzerkreuzer - 6-1-2007 at 08:37 PM

slip on vans are no go, blue old school are the right ones. i usually wear cargo shorts from may to october. camouflage or black is the deal.
this year hooligan streetwear is cool. check them hooligan.de

crazyfists28 - 6-2-2007 at 04:43 PM

i love dickies pants, are the shorts good length and comfortable? i know they are more for working in than just casual but they are high quality and wouldnt mind getting some. i wear the pants for work everyday...

JawnDiablo - 6-2-2007 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBadVibes
youz wear shorts?
this is the first year ive really worn them in many many years mostly cuz i dont give a crap how much of a tool i look like anymore
its too friggin hot out alreasy

dickies shorts, wife beater, white socks and black slip on vans is my all summer style this year

thats some vato shit right there holmes

yeah dude thats a staple of my summer digs
its too fuckin hot humid and smoggy int he greater philadelphia area
im dying from moving in this shit
just got my internet hooked up
i musta lost at least 5 lbs from sweat

moforn - 6-2-2007 at 06:00 PM

I've recently gotten over my hang up about shorts. I still feel like a tool wearing them, but it beats being hot and sweaty.
Is it time to resurrect the flip-flops debate?

Discipline - 6-2-2007 at 06:04 PM

Flip flops are gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Dave - 6-2-2007 at 06:26 PM

flip flops, worst shoe ever made
next to those stupid rubber clog things that everyone seems to wear now

JawnDiablo - 6-2-2007 at 07:11 PM

no flip flops please

Murk - 6-2-2007 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
[I wear shorts all year long... I HATE long pants! Im the moron outside shoveling with shorts on in December!

no seriously, I HATE pants, but there's no snow here.

DaveMoral - 6-2-2007 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
flip flops, worst shoe ever made
next to those stupid rubber clog things that everyone seems to wear now

Crocs. My son has some of those, he's 1.

Seriously, Crocs are an amazing product... if for some reason you have to they are edible.

Siczine.com - 6-2-2007 at 09:28 PM

YES! I love good flip-flop hate

Discipline - 6-2-2007 at 10:48 PM

Those crocs are the dumbest looking things I've ever seen. I hate flip flops, sandals, etc. They all look stupid.

newbreedbrian - 6-2-2007 at 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Discipline
Those crocs are the dumbest looking things I've ever seen. I hate flip flops, sandals, etc. They all look stupid.

DaveMoral - 6-3-2007 at 11:40 AM

No doubt, but my wife likes 'em for some reason.

tireironsaint - 6-3-2007 at 04:00 PM

I wear shorts a lot, not quite as much as I did when I lived in Austin, but still quite a bit. When I was younger I wouldn't be caught dead in shorts and actually spent some time on the beach in Galveston in black jeans and Docs one time. Now I'm just particular about the length and style of the shorts instead of being completely opposed to them. I wear the cargo style in either camo, green, or black and they hafta got down just past or right around my knees. Anything above the knees looks ridiculous to me. I haven't really been able to do the dickies shorts, I like 'em, but all the ones I've found have been ridiculously huge in the leg. They seem to be sized ok at the waist, but I could easily fit three or four legs in each leg hole and that shit just ain't gonna cut it for me. I've been doing the Adidas Sambas for footwear for quite a while and they work well with pants or shorts, but I've been wanting to grab some nice Old School Vans lately. I used to wear those constantly and I miss 'em. I see the slip ons and the fat skater style Vans all the time, but I hate both of those, it's gotta be the Old School for me.

As for flip flops, I have a pair that I bought for going to the pool with my daughter last time I visited her, but I paid about a dollar for them and that's all I would ever wear them for. Going into or being around water is the ONLY time men should have anything that looks even remotely like a sandal on. Crocs are even worse though. Those things are ridiculously popular around here and they make me sick. People here wear them in the most ridiculous colors and they wear the fuckin' things year round so I hafta see that shit out in the snow too. Of course, there's some morons here who wear fuckin' sandals in the snow too, I hope they get frostbitten toes and can't walk around where I hafta see them ever again.

BDx13 - 6-4-2007 at 10:16 AM

fuck all you haters.
i love flip flops.
gives me a chance to show off my beautifully tattooed feet.
that said, i only wear 'em around the house - never out to the store or anything.
cause THAT'S gay.

JawnDiablo - 6-4-2007 at 11:14 PM

i have a pair of them adidas flip flpo things that i wear when i wake up and drink my coffee.
i cant walk in them
i took the trash out, moving in trash.
like 10 trips to the curb with a 50 yard walk.
my feet are raw from the rubbing
ugh foot scabs

MyOwnWay - 6-5-2007 at 08:23 AM

I love shorts but there are absolutely no good styles anymore. I hate jeans, and never wear them, so i usually go for a more "skate" pair of shorts. I found a style by Volcom that fucking rules but they didnt make that style this year. It was replaced by some fucking all over bullshit print that would make me look like I just walked off the set of a rap video.

Am I seriousley getting to be one of those old jaded people or are styles today just so fucking ridculous?

gavin - 6-5-2007 at 09:08 AM

Am I seriousley getting to be one of those old jaded people or are styles today just so fucking ridculous?

yes
welcome to the club

JawnDiablo - 6-5-2007 at 10:44 AM

I'm a 32 year old white dude with some bad tattoos and a bad attitude. I don't have a style....

Discipline - 6-5-2007 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juandiablo
I'm a 32 year old white dude with some bad tattoos and a bad attitude. I don't have a style....

Change that to 30 and you've got me.