Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Ramallah....
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2005 at 12:02 PM
Ramallah....

No MA shows on the tour? GOD DAMN IT! Closest ones is bucksport ME which is 3-4 hours and I hate Maine.

Is there any chance of a MA show?

I would much rather travel to MA than ME. At least I am not asking for a NH show (my home state) since shows here don't tend to work.

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 7-4-2005 at 12:15 PM

yeah, have you ever come up to the place where they do them in bucksport? it's sooo out of the way and in the middle of the woods.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-4-2005 at 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SAAAAARS
yeah, have you ever come up to the place where they do them in bucksport? it's sooo out of the way and in the middle of the woods.

Sounds JUST like Maine. :(

SAAAAARS
Posting Freak

Mood: madball

[*] posted on 7-4-2005 at 12:37 PM

southern maine isn't so badddd..

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-4-2005 at 11:25 PM

this is the second tour that they're NOT playing NYC. bummer.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 12:55 AM

.... hopefully i get to see them july 16th... :):):)

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
ENDERA.x
Posting Freak

Mood: Icepick

[*] posted on 7-5-2005 at 08:48 AM

oh boo try livin here!
=(
hasnt been a decent show since... April

Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 05:20 AM

Louisville KENTUCKY FUCK YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! The ole Munkster will be there, front row and center for this shit! I NEVER would have envisioned Ramallah coming to KY. as far too many bands still envision KENTUCKY as a total "hick" or "inbred" state - anymore, it's not quite like that at all - Kentucky is pretty fucking out there anymore. Weird weird state, but bands are blown away by the response here show after show I've noticed.

What is REALLY weird, I live in a "city" part of the state - I know some hardcore bands (Hellnation and an offshoot, The Fallen come immediately to mind) that play over in the fucking HILLS and HOLLERS of the state and they claim that the fucking kids there are coming out in DROVES and are blowing all the city wimps away! I shit you not - these bands say they can play a show in nowheresville Kentucky and draw out 200-300 kids that are passionately into the music and then go play Cincinnatti and be lucky if they draw 50 ppl.. Maybe it's true what they say - punk/hardcore and the likes really ARE the bluegrass and outlaw country of modern times..............

But back to Ramallah - fuck I can't wait!!! Any chance they'll have a copy of the new album for early sale???? (I'm seriously doubting it, but the Munkster can hope :P )!!!
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 09:12 AM

man, i was in kentucky once, and i totally fell in love with it. or maybe it was the bourbon. whatever. either way, i could really get on board with country living; i think i've had enough of this city slicker lifestyle.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 05:09 PM

country livin looks good to me. i like being near the city and allot of the things in it, but honestly, i fuckin just cant stand people in general, or fuckin traffic, noise and so on...i could deal with a 2 month retreat into bumblefuck with a case of whiskey and a beer store within driving distance...
RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 7-6-2005 at 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
i could really get on board with country living; i think i've had enough of this city slicker lifestyle.

Thats how im living now. It's great... except for being so far away from friends.

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 12:26 AM

my only hesitation about moving to the way way out is being around too many hicks. i may not go out much, but i need a llittle culture when i do. i'm sure i sound like a snob, but i think you know what i mean. besides, they're sure to not like the looks of us city folk!

Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
my only hesitation about moving to the way way out is being around too many hicks. i may not go out much, but i need a llittle culture when i do. i'm sure i sound like a snob, but i think you know what i mean. besides, they're sure to not like the looks of us city folk!
actually, don't be surprised if the "hicks" don't accept you (once they get to know you a little - Ive found that it just takesa bout one honest short conversation to get a hick to accept a person - those fuckers will stand by you thru hell and high water! But beyond that, in this day and age, I honestly don't think you'd have any "hick" problems. Even when I venture to the mountains of Kentucky (where they live in trailers with plastic wrap in place of windows), they have more people come out to the shows than the big city shows I go to. Thing is, these people all know and sing along to the songs, whereas you'll only get maybe 10-20 ppl. doing that at the big city shows. Either the internet has truly spread to all the little unknown corners of the globe or the "hick" kids are truly hungry for an alternative "voice" so to speak cuz my friend my Hellnation, his side band can play a show in Whitesburg (ie...nowheresville KENTUCKY) and he'll make 2-300 dollars just off of shirts, buttons and CD sales alone. He told me the only other places like it were Japan & Brazil
- he said they were nuts over underground music over there.

What I find ironic is, over in Whitesburg, which is a place totally like that depicted in the old Dukes of Hazard show, they have a place funded by state government called the Appelshop - this place is basically an undergound art museum and radio station - they split their playlists up into 2 hr. segments - first 2 hrs. might be early 80's punk, while the next 2 hrs. are underground 70's rock, while the next 2 hrs. are black and death metal (you get my drift). Now I live on the outskirts of Lexington, large city, well cultured, etc. etc. and the "independent" station here thinks that playing Slayer "south of heaven" era shit or Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd shit is "underground" and "alternative". It just blows my fucking mind that nowheresville USA/Coaltown mountain of America, they have kids that know all about every band from Gang Green to the Templars to Ox Blood to all the Captain Oi label reissue bands and in Lex. and Louisville, 2 pretty major cities, you'd be lucky to find 50 ppl. that knew extensively of 2 or more of the above.

I know this post was pretty damn rambling, but it really has blown my mind what I have discovered in the past couple of years about "middle of nowhere" folks and their knowledge of underground culture and music............
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 07:14 AM

man, this is very insightful stuff. i appreciate reading about it.

say, what do you know about the tradition of being named a KENTUCKY COLONEL? man, what an honor that must be!

BL

Mood: PEOPLE TYPING

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 06:38 PM

DO THEY FUCK THEIR OWN SISTERS TOO? ANYWAYS IT SEEMS WEIRD TO PICTURE A BUNCH OF HILLBILLIES MOSHING AND SINGING ALONG TO HELLNATION... PUNKS, SKINS AND HILLBILLIES TOO!

CHEERS
BL

Go To Top