Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: to all Thorp silkscreeners.....
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 06:35 AM
to all Thorp silkscreeners.....

I used to be Antiseen here, but I couldn't for the life of me log back in for some reason - so I just signed up again using a stuffed animal sitting in the corner of my room as an alias :P

anyways, I was just curious what you guys use for your exposure units - I started out with a 1000 WATT Halogen (pure GARBAGE) - switched to the SUN (amazingly fast exposures, even late evening would be well under a minute using photopolymer emulsions) - however, due to the fact that I like to work at night more than in the day, yesterday I bought a 400 Watt Metal Halide bulb and ballast. Did a test exposure tonight and got a damn good burn in a min. and a half (on 110 count white mesh).

Anyways, I was wondering what other screenprinters use to expose their screens. I have always heard that the flourescent tube light units are bad for "undercutting"???
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 07:17 AM

if you want hlep getting back on as antiseen, just email or u2u me. send me a password you want to use, and i'll go into the database and update the account. either way, it's up to you.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 12:37 PM

I dunno, the new name is pretty fuckin cool in it's own right.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’

Go To Top