Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Ramallah - Kill a Celebrity review
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 11:32 PM

assuming the copy that is making the rounds is tha same thing we've had for MONTHS now (sorry, M_J_BoWaffle!), there are 20 tracks, but a few are incomplete intros, samples, etc. probably works out to 15 or 17 actual songs.

there are definitely a few different styles on this album, and the nice thing is, they all work and they're all good. it's not like with some albums when a different sounding song comes on, and you're like "woah, what the hell is that doing here?". totally works.

track 18 is a good example. tracks 10 & 11 are the most mellow, and, surprisingly, may be my favorites. kill a celebrity (track 2), brother malcolm (track 5), and heart full of love (track 7) are expertly written. oh yeah, track 15, just walk away, also superb.

i doubt andy intentionally put this album out there. actually, he wouldn't even know how to do that. but you gotta figure, for as long as this version has been available, and the number of people that have been involved, it's just a matter of one friend of a friend getting it and putting it online. this and the new starkweather are seriously locked up in my house! but mark's right, this album does deserve every bit of attention it gets. it's just so tight.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 12:25 AM

FUCK!

It's like you can't stop listening to it...;)
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 12:34 AM

you ain't lyin, brother! i listen to this album everyday.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
godabandonedme

Mood: Darkbuster

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 01:58 AM

wow, I got the 20 and hope there all on the mastered version. There is absolutely no other band in hardcore that could mix styles like this and make it respectable let alone fucking genius like this. The piano's? Fucking amazing again. Creepy but it's like it was meant for rob an Ramallah. Probablly the best cd I've bought in years if ever.
Shane
* THORP STAFF *

Mood: Kids Like Us - Outta Control

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
actually, he wouldn't even know how to do that.

Hahahaha.
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
FUCK!

This is the only album I have listened to since this thread was put up and I will probably stop listening to these mp3's on October 11th and thats about it.

You really CAN'T stop listening to it!

Frank N

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 10:41 PM

does anyone know where i can get someof the songs off the album? i triedsoulseek but im not having any luck. thanks
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-13-2005 at 03:51 AM

Quote:
i triedsoulseek but im not having any luck.

Just keep trying. You'll get it.
Murk
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 8-13-2005 at 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:
Originally posted by Murk
FUCK!

This is the only album I have listened to since this thread was put up and I will probably stop listening to these mp3's on October 11th and thats about it.

You really CAN'T stop listening to it!

Yeah man. It's like mind control or something...
Monkey_Julius_BoWaffle

[*] posted on 8-13-2005 at 05:53 AM

Ok, I'm coming clean - Rob told me personally the secret - he has injected subliminal messages within the album. DONT EVEN listen to tracks 19 and 20 or the subliminal messages will really penetrate your mind! :P

DeathByForce

Mood: H2O

[*] posted on 8-14-2005 at 04:39 AM

i've got the album on soulseek

it's amazing!

I was surprised i got so soon.. I can't wait to hear the finished copy though.
xamevol

[*] posted on 8-25-2005 at 12:17 PM

PLEASE!! could you send me the tracklist ???

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
assuming the copy that is making the rounds is tha same thing we've had for MONTHS now (sorry, M_J_BoWaffle!), there are 20 tracks, but a few are incomplete intros, samples, etc. probably works out to 15 or 17 actual songs.

there are definitely a few different styles on this album, and the nice thing is, they all work and they're all good. it's not like with some albums when a different sounding song comes on, and you're like "woah, what the hell is that doing here?". totally works.

track 18 is a good example. tracks 10 & 11 are the most mellow, and, surprisingly, may be my favorites. kill a celebrity (track 2), brother malcolm (track 5), and heart full of love (track 7) are expertly written. oh yeah, track 15, just walk away, also superb.

i doubt andy intentionally put this album out there. actually, he wouldn't even know how to do that. but you gotta figure, for as long as this version has been available, and the number of people that have been involved, it's just a matter of one friend of a friend getting it and putting it online. this and the new starkweather are seriously locked up in my house! but mark's right, this album does deserve every bit of attention it gets. it's just so tight.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top