Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Music help
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 01:28 PM
Music help

As I recently posted, I had problems with my external hard drive and lost most of it's contents, mostly music. 99% of my cd's are packed up and in storage these days and I don't want to deal with the hassle of getting them out. I'm think I'm just going to download the shit, I just need to know a good place to find it. I tried soulseek but that shit fucking sucks. Any suggestions?

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 01:47 PM

pm

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 02:02 PM

Thanks.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
panzerkreuzer
Posting Freak

Mood: gang green

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 02:08 PM

http://bloggedquartered.blogspot.com/

try here, lots of out of print and live old school stuff. the puts a lot of effort in his bloq.
btw, i´m online at soulssek at the moment. get in touch.

BKT
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 03:14 PM

Any blogspot site is good. You can find just about anything you would want.

Here are some good ones:
http://hell-music.blogspot.com/ (hardcore and metal)
http://xhefexmusicx.blogspot.com/ (hardcore)
http://rockandriot.blogspot.com/ (oi)
http://www.brosincrime.blogspot.com/ (hardcore, oi, punk)

Hope that helps.

BKT.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 04:19 PM

If that PM to panzerkreuzer was a wicked torrent site then good, if not send me your email and I'll hook you up with the largest music site out there.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 05:30 PM

Blogspots are good for finding stuff you didn't remember you wanted or were looking for digitally.

I get a ton of great shit of soulseek still...if you're using the old client that could be a problem...not sure how anyone thinks it sucks. I can search by band name, save containing folders and have a 10 album library of a bands work downloaded in under an hour without ever worrying about unzipping things and moving folders around like blogspots.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 05:46 PM

I tried soulseek but it froze me out. I clicked on an ep to download and the guy had all of his shit in a single folder so instead of the 3 songs I wanted I was overloaded by 8000+ songs. I couldn't delete them or do anything. Just got frozen out.

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 06:02 PM

well that does happen on occasion when some boob cant figure out what a folder is used for...but it's pretty rare. I usually just restart it and delete those files.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 09:52 PM

I love soulseek. I'll add my music to it later and PM you my username if ya want to check out my stuff.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-4-2010 at 11:47 PM

I haven't used Soulseek in years, it hasn't been installed on my PC the last 2-3 times I had to redo it. I liked it for the chat more than anything, though if you found the right users you could get some really cool stuff, sometimes in good bitrates even.

I might install it tonight and go back on. Same username as my forum name. How long is it going to take to index 500gb of music? :ticking:

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
barc0debaby
Posting Freak

Mood: Punk as Fuck

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 01:16 AM

Shouldn't take to long, I did about 40gb in 15 minutes.

My username is also the same.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 02:28 AM

I vaguely remember a Soulseek thread before and an attempt to have a THORP chat room as well. It all died fairly quick lol

I'll join THORP when I get it setup too if anyone wants to idle in there. I probably won't share much/anything since my upload is counted and I do torrents now instead off a server.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 04:08 AM

Discipline you got email.
panzerkreuzer I need your address.

Now i'm going to download & setup Soulseek.

mattybar

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 06:11 AM

i still use soulseek.
works amazingly fast on my pc at home.

pm me your usernames and i'll pm you back and you to the list
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 07:06 AM

Join the THORP chat :) I'll be idling in there overnight.

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 11:06 AM

Soulseek is one thing I have never tried... What is it?

Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 12:05 PM

It's a p2p download client that allows you to download from other users who are also logged onto soulseek at the same time as you. It also will keep your downloads qued until they're available from the downloadee, i.e. he has only x amounts of downloads per hour or he logs off in the middle of your download. Once they log back on or free up your download automatically starts again.

It has its kinks but torrents are the devil. I have never gotten legal cease and desists from soulseek like I have from using torrents. It's slightly more efficient than blogspots for downloading bulk, i.e. Manowars entire catalogue in an hour without clicking multiple links and searching.

It also doesn't have all the spyware issues that plague clients like kazaa or limewire and you can easily download full albums by right clicking the file and selecting download containing folder vs picking single songs. The caveat there is some dimbulbs have a 30 gig library in one folder which will give you the problem Discipline had...but it's easy enough to remedy as mentioned above.

There plenty of ways out there to DL music but the utility and ease of use of soulseek has remained pretty consistant over the years.

Just make sure you DL the "new" client. The old ones a ghost town.
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 03:58 PM

I picked up alot of comic scans from Soulseek a couple years ago. Some in .cbr and .cbz other's as pdfs. Plus, of course, tons of music. Haven't used it in a long time though, rapidshare and megaupload and what not works out pretty well for me.

One thing I've been doing lately is just picking an artist and an album title, plugging it into google or yahoo and put megaupload.com or rapidshare.com or mediafire.com at the end of it. You'll usually end up with a direct link to that album on those sites without having to go to somebody's blog. On occasion you'll end up with a compressed file that needs a password, but mostly not.

I primarily use torrents for downloading Chinese martial arts movies that just came out in theaters overseas and aren't going to be making it to the US for quite sometime and mostly not in theaters. I saw the first half of Red Cliff a year and a half before the edited down version came out in select theaters here. I have the second half saved, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2010 at 05:46 PM

You shouldn't get any letters from torrent use unless it's on the big public sites like Pirate Bay or ISOHunt. Private trackers are largely safe from the letters except TorrentLeech.

wez138

Mood: TMMB's.

[*] posted on 1-6-2010 at 07:15 PM

Here ya go

http://rockandriot.blogspot.com/search/label/Tattooed%20%20M...

Living a life kept shut by a dream,
I'm reaching out to grasp my reality.
Hands of time wrap tight around my neck, and hit me so hard,
leaving me eyes black.
staring at a ceiling,
wondering why i never left,
penning words in a notebook,
wondering why haven't slept.
sanity is tapping in a cell
inside my fucking head.
begging for redemption
after hearing what was said.
the nights, they will not sleep
cause the days, have played for keeps.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-7-2010 at 05:13 AM

Nobody joined the THORP room on soulseek lol. I'm going back to IRC and torrents.

Go To Top