Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: The return of the "WIN FREE CRAP FROM THORP RECORDS" contest
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 7-16-2006 at 01:42 PM

ROMANTIC VIOLENCE

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 8-1-2006 at 09:07 AM

JULY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for JULY 2006! A few stood out and got lots of people talking, but for the number of replies it got and the variety of opinions the winner is....

....for the slightly controversial "Boston Beatdown" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a bunch of replies with a very varied ammount of different opinions all of wich were very strong!

If you didn?t read the thread definitely go back and check it out

BOSTON BEATDOWN

MM won for that thread, but he also contributed a great thread about the new Hatebreed LP which lots of people have been wating for...

NEW HATEBREED

MM you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for the month and we will get it out to you ASAP.

Congratulations to MM as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and see you next month!!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 9-2-2006 at 02:36 PM

Stop the calls folks.... We have a winner!

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for August is beaner for his "Johnny cash, how come.........." thread.

This thread was chosen for all the standrad reasons, like views, replies etc. It was also a great contribution by a relativly new poster. The last reason it was chosen is that it kind of hit home with me. I got into Johnny Cash way later than most people and the replies from everyone helped me figure out what other records I should pick up. Hopefully it did the same for a few of you guys too!

Here?s the link to the thread incase anyone wants to revisit it.
beaners Johnny Cash thread

beaner can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming and remember at Throrp there are no losers.... theres just one person that wins a little more each month!

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

beaner

Mood: my kids chattin away.

[*] posted on 9-3-2006 at 08:03 AM

Thanks guy's. and i'll track down some of the suggestions you've said.

like i said before, being hardcore is just saying another way of keeping it real, and the 'cash' obviously did that all his career so in way, johnny cash WAS hardcore. i'll have a think on what cd to recieve (how long till the new northside kings?)

thanks again and i love you all!!!!!
JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-4-2006 at 12:01 PM

i love free crap. and i love seeing my name everywhere. so there!
beaner

[*] posted on 9-21-2006 at 07:29 AM

i recieved my cd yesterday. i picked 'IRONBOUND- With a Brick'

its goood.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 08:20 PM

Pay attention kids this month is a special one! I am proud to announce the winners (yes that is right I said WINNERS) of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for August are DISCIPLINE for his "A slight overreaction?" thread. In addition to Discipline we are also recognizing VOODOO and DAVEMORAL as winners for debating so actively and being so patient and such good sports through it all!

This thread was chosen because I think that it signifys what most of us love about the Thorp board. We can all share ideas, ideals and theories in a totally mature way. In this thread (as well as some others in the past) DaveMoral has had his religion publicly berated and looked down on but Dave always takes it with a grain of salt and even the things that are said are said in thought out ways and never maliciously.

Here?s the link to the thread incase anyone wants to revisit it, which I strongly suggest....
Disciplines "A slight overreaction?" thread about the Pope

The three of you guys can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Also be sure to send me your address. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming and remember at Throrp there are no losers.... theres just one person (or three!) that wins a little more each month!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 08:25 PM

Second time. In the immortal words of Ric Flair; WHOOOOO!!!

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 09:00 PM

wow, my bitching and griping pays off? This is so against everything I have ever learned. thanks for putting up with me Dave, you ARE a good sport and I have much respect for you bro. Hows the lad?
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 10-12-2006 at 11:21 PM

congrats fellas.

\"thank you very little\"
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
wow, my bitching and griping pays off? This is so against everything I have ever learned. thanks for putting up with me Dave, you ARE a good sport and I have much respect for you bro. Hows the lad?

Damn, who'da thunk it?

Voodoo, were it a few years ago I may have been a bit less patient... more zealous and living under certain illusions that my co-religionists are my "brothers." The lot that are causing the whole world problems right now would kill me faster than they'd kill you. I serve the double crime of being American and a Shi'ite Muslim. Go fuckin' figure right? Add on top of that a tattooed guy that listens to punk rock and you've got a combination for being the uber-hated "kafir" by those dudes.

Seriously, I respect that you and others have opinions on religion in general that I may not agree with and on mine in particular because let's face it... some very prominent renegades are defacing the beautiful tradition of Islam right now.... and others have in the past. So... to each his own.

Glad I could participate in the thread and all of us could get some shit off our chests... and get some opinions out there that we even seem to have agreed on to some extent. Thorp definitely presents a unique venue for this sort of thing.

Lastly , thank you Thorp Recs and the board crew, Bid D and Josh, for giving us this place to get into the nitty gritty like that without crazy flame wars... and thanks for hooking me and Voodoo up as well as Discipline.

Now's time to figure out what disc to get...

DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-13-2006 at 08:44 PM

By the way Voodoo, the wee one is doing great. Getting his first tooth, just a tiny bit of his left incisor is poking out and he's been having some colds.... me him and the wife have been kicking around the same cold for a couple weeks. He's friggin' huge though, I'll have to post some pics of the youngling... we got him a cool scally cap at Gymboree the other day. He looks just like his dad when he wears that.... minus the facial hair that is...

Voodoobillyman
The Artist Formerly Known As...

Mood: my daughters beautiful curiousity

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
By the way Voodoo, the wee one is doing great. Getting his first tooth, just a tiny bit of his left incisor is poking out and he's been having some colds.... me him and the wife have been kicking around the same cold for a couple weeks. He's friggin' huge though, I'll have to post some pics of the youngling... we got him a cool scally cap at Gymboree the other day. He looks just like his dad when he wears that.... minus the facial hair that is...

Thats awesome bro! A scally cap for lil ones? Cutting teeth is fun, we have had it easy with our lil lady, but we havent dealt with molars yet..........yikes:mad:
You say he's big whats his weight and height?
DaveMoral
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-16-2006 at 05:18 PM

He's like 2ft ish and around 20 lbs at 6 months.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 11-10-2006 at 08:45 AM

Stop the calls folks.... We have a winner! Sorry its a little late this month.... totally my fault!

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest forOCTOBER is the newbie MORGAN for his "MISFITS" thread.

I picked this thread because... well lets be honest... it was October and the thread was about the freeking Misfits... need I say more!?

Here?s the link to the thread incase anyone wants to revisit it.
Morgans... MISFITS thread...

Morgan can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming and remember at Throrp there are no losers.... theres just one person that wins a little more each month!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 11-12-2006 at 06:04 PM

Awesome. Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been out of town for the past few days. I'll let you know whenever I figure which cd to get.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
morgan
Posting Freak

Mood: neighbors fighting

[*] posted on 11-21-2006 at 12:18 AM

My cd came in and I got paid today, I guess not all Mondays suck. I got Clenched Fist and so far I like what I'm hearing.

Support the arts, shoot a rapper.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 03:29 PM

CLEAR CUT WINNER this month that I think EVERYONE would agree on.... Jason the Magnificent

for staring the X-mas Mix CD trade thread

Everyone that participated is a winner this month because we're all getting TONS of free music, but we wanted to award an extra CD to Jason for bringing the idea to the Thorp!

Thanks to everyone for posting lots of cool shit and just making this the best hardcore board on the web! I hope you all have an amazing holiday!!!

Jason you can U2U me your address and what Thorp or Sailors Grave CD you want for being the poster of the month!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

DAK
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 04:17 PM

I knew that thread was a lock this month. Ha.
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
I knew that thread was a lock this month. Ha.

JawnDiablo
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 06:29 PM

and what a great idea it was.
Jason the Magnificent
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 08:23 PM

haha thanks...I just opened this up to see what thread was the winner and lo and behold...

ill u2u
beaner

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 01:01 PM

i dont think there is anybody i dont like on here.

you are all good people.

just thought id tell u all.
Six66Mike
Posting Freak

Mood: Dead Hearts

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 01:09 AM

I need to come up with a good thread for December.

A lot of people ask me what kind of music I like. I love "soul music". My "soul music" isn’t a style, genre or niche. It’s music that is genuine. It’s a painful lyric, a dirty bassline, it’s a harrowing vocal, it’s feedback, it’s an anthem, it’s a love song, it’s anarchy. I’ve got my personal favourites but in the end it doesn’t matter who or where it comes from... so long as it’s good and it's real.
- Paul Morris, music director at 97.7 HTZ-FM
Spoiler
Posting Freak

Mood: All that scene philosophy never meant a goddamned thing to me

[*] posted on 12-3-2006 at 09:57 AM

I thought for sure that my "remember when" thread was gonna win last month....and then along came that misfits thread and fucked me up.....Damn

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top