Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: The return of the "WIN FREE CRAP FROM THORP RECORDS" contest
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 02:03 AM
The return of the "WIN FREE CRAP FROM THORP RECORDS" contest

That's right, we're bringing back one of our original contests. "What's the deal," you ask? Good question...

We will pick one one thread a month that is exemplary in some way, and the person who started that thread will win a copy of any currently-available Thorp release he or she wants.

WHY?
1. Because youse are always clamoring for free crap.
2. It's fun.
3. It encourages people to start engaging conversations on the board.

When?
Beginning April 1, we will choose one winner a month.

What does "exemplary" mean?
We will be looking primarily for threads that get people talking, spur debate, are extremely original, or are unique in some other way.

So there you have it. Hope you're into the idea. Last time we did this for about six or seven months (until the boards crashed), and I think it went rather well. Nothin' wrong with free stuff, right? Great. Now come up with some interesting topics to discuss, and start posting!

This thread will be pruned on occasions so that only the monthly announcements and replies from the winners will remain.

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 03:23 AM

All right peeps, I didn't totally forget about you. Because I'm a little tardy with the prizes, today I'm announcing a winner for April AND May.

April's winner is thedog for his last minute "any Star Wars fans here?" thread. Clearly a passionate topic for the Thorp Board regulars, it went on to garner over 60 replies and almost 500 views. Well done, dog!

May was a tough one to decide on, as there were a number of excellent threads started last month. First, I'd like to give an honorable mention to Todd's "Record Label Scum" thread. Here we had a healthy and respectful exchange between band members and label owners regarding the financial implications of being involved in the music industry. Good, insightful stuff. So, "why not give the prize to Todd?" Because I've known Todd for almost 15 years and he already gets all the music he wants from me!

The thread I am picking as May's winner is clevohardcore's "post horror stories of being in public and having to use the restroom". Well it's disgusting, but apparently you people loved it... to the tune of 30+ replies. But I'll tell ya, when the post first went up, I thought clevo had shot himself in the foot with his "THIS THREAD HAS GOT TO GET ME AT LEAST A FREE THROP SHIRT" commentary. OOOOHH, close one!

So, congratulations you two. Email me with your address and which cd you want form the thorp store, and I'll hook it up. As for the rest of you... it's June, and that means it's time for another round of "WIN FREE CRAP FROM THORP RECORDS", so start posting!

If I fail math, there goes my chance at a good job and a happy life full of hard work.
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 02:09 PM

thanks to everyone at Thorp for being so generous...
also thanks to all the other star wars geeks for makin it a popular thread.

i am selecting the new Angel City Outcasts CD

\"thank you very little\"
clevohardcore
* Kick\'n ass on the wild side *

Mood: Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today

[*] posted on 6-3-2005 at 05:26 PM

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME.

Hey going potty is something all of us have to do. Even the hottest of girls does the #2. It's really how you handle situations of urgent pottyness that separates the men-women for the boys-girls. Thanks to everyone who posted and I laughed my ass off many days at work checking in with everyones posts. They were all great. Just like THORP RECORDS. :P
Peace!

I'll would like the new OUT TO WIN cd. Also I want to add a couple things to this so I'll get in touch. Thanks again.
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-1-2005 at 07:36 PM
June Winners

That's right, I'm decalring two winners for last month, but for slightly different reasons. Read on!

Our first winner is MrBadVibes. Of the several threads I bookmarked over the course of the month, serveral were started by MBV. Chief among them? "what do youz listen to besides hardcore?" for brining up so many great music recommendations and "dudes who wear the following" for bringing the previously unspoken conflict over flip flops to the surface.

We're also selecting defstarsteve because he offered every single one of our members a free tshirt. He takes care of our people, we take care of him. Thanks, Steve.

Please send me your mailing address along with the Thorp CD of your choice. Looking forward to another month of entertaining posts!

gavin
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-1-2005 at 08:37 PM

awwww nice
i didnt read this until now
dig it

you come at the king....you best not miss
defstarsteve
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 7-7-2005 at 08:21 PM

wow
I won something and my posts are like non existant right now
damn work
um okay i'll pick something
and pm you
BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 12:42 AM
July Winner

This was tough one - another month with quite a few interesting and active threads. But before we get to our winner, I?d like to thank some of our close runner-ups for their excellent contributions in July:
- Todd for Hardcore Singers
- Moron?s getting caught staring at a chick's chest
- ChrisReed83 for Shuttle Launch- Space Program- Does anyone care?
- Discipline for THREE ?I?m drunk? posts in one night (1, 2, 3.) Wow. That?s true dedication, people.

This month?s winner of the ?Win Free Crap From Thorp Records? Contest never thought he would win. Just goes to show ya... Boycott Christian HC, you?re the man now, dog! ?Would you let your children get into hardcore?? Excellent question, insightful responses. Thank you.

Hit me up with an email or U2U with which Thorp CD you?d like, and we?ll get it out to ya!

BDx13
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 10-2-2005 at 11:10 PM

Apparently I completely slipped on announcing the winner for August, so here ya go... joemaconmovies for "What exactly is hardcore?". A great question with a number of great responses.

As for September, I've decided to go with XHonusWagnerX for, well, a number of very active threads, including the long-running "Record Picture Thread" as well as the two end of the month threads, "Bands you DONT like, but everyone else does?" and "Bands you LIKE that most other people HATE," all of which have garnered a very impressive number of responses.

XHonusWagnerX

Mood: hadDCore

[*] posted on 10-3-2005 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
As for September, I've decided to go with XHonusWagnerX for, well, a number of very active threads, including the long-running "Record Picture Thread" as well as the two end of the month threads, "Bands you DONT like, but everyone else does?" and "Bands you LIKE that most other people HATE," all of which have garnered a very impressive number of responses.

Awesome! I feel so honored! Thanks!!!
So what happens now?
joemaconmovies
Posting Freak

Mood: pissed off

[*] posted on 10-5-2005 at 09:00 AM

haha, wow. i didn't even think that was still going on. yay me. i'll e-mail you my info right now.

XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 01:40 PM

Stop the calls folks.... We have a winner!

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for October is XnMeX for his "Underrated Movies" thread & its sequel thread "Overrated Movies".

This thread was chosen for a few reasons. First off, it received a decent number of replies. Secondly I think it brought up some movies that people had forgotten about and definitely some that people may have never heard of and then gone to check out based on recommendations in the thread. The last thing that made it stand out for me was that it spawned a sequel thread, "Overrated Movies" also started by XnMeX! I'm not sure if that has happened before, but it?s definitely the first time I have seen it happen.

If you didn?t read the thread definitely go back and check it out and maybe find a new/old movie to check out!

Here?s the link to the thread incase anyone wants to revisit it.
UNDERRATED MOVIES...
http://www.thorprecords.com/boards/viewthread.php?tid=2555#p...
OVERRATED MOVIES...
http://www.thorprecords.com/boards/viewthread.php?tid=2582#p...

XnMeX can get a hold of Duane by U2U and let him know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else... There are still 3 weeks left in November so keep those threads coming!

Quote:
Originally posted by REV.PAULIE
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOU,HONUS,IS WHAT MAKES THE "EDGE" COOL.

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

check out my post contributions at www.VinylNoize.com

20 1-color T-shirts for $100 at NewRepublic
XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 11-10-2005 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Jeeze... did anyone notice we have a winner... NME?

Sweet deal! I am off to the Thorp store and the mp3 area to figure out what cd I want. Thanks!:cool:

XHonusWagnerX

smile.gif posted on 12-1-2005 at 03:43 PM
Novembers winner of 'Post Cool Shit, Win Free Crap!' is....

Once again I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for November. This month was a tough call, there were lots of good threads that spawned other threads and lots of conversatin'. Unfortunately there can only be one winner each month... So with out further ado the winner for November is.......

Romantic Violence for the "The Judgment Night Soundtrack & Ice-T/Body Count Cop killer" thread.

This thread was selected because it got a bunch of replies and reads and brought up the long lost subject of the Rock/Rap collaboration! Who would have thought that in 2005 we could have an intelligent conversation about 'rap core'?!?!

If you didn?t read the thread definitely go back and check it out

Judgment Night Soundtrack & Ice-T/Body Count Cop Killer

Romantic Violence also started another thread that got a lot of attention and was also in the running for 'thread of the month'

SUICIDE GIRLS

Win or lose you can?t argue that a thread that brings out pictures of hot punk girls is a bad thing!

Romantic Violence you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of November and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

Congratulations to RV as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and I'll see you in 30 days with a new winner!

Quote:
HONUS-as much as i can't stand a great deal of what you really like (for my own reasons that i would never hold,nor impose,against you),YOU FUCKING RULE!

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

RomanticViolence
* Jennytailya *

Mood: Fuck U All

[*] posted on 12-2-2005 at 10:30 AM

Awww... this is awesome! you guys make everyday feel like kindergarden!

Honus.. i'll send you a U2U with my info

Have you ever noticed how crayons are a lot like M&M's? All the colors tend to taste the same.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 08:57 AM

Once again I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for December. This month was another tough call, there were lots of good threads that spawned other threads and lots of conversatin'. Unfortunately there can only be one winner each month... So with out further ado the winner for December is.......

Discipline for the "Hardcore music today" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it openly discussed the subjects of 'hardcore as a trend', 'scene points' and all the other crap that seems to go along with what to many people think is modern hardcore.

Disciplines 2 cents on 'Hardcore today'

Discipline you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of December and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future. Consider it a late Christmas present!

Congratulations to Discipline as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and I'll see you in 30 days with the first winner for 2006!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

XnMeX
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Discipline you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of December and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

I'm guessing he will want the new Discipline cd ;)

GabeTexasGAMC
* GROWN *

Mood: Teenage Fanclub

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 09:31 AM

Even though i shouldnt be allowed to play...
I think that THIS should be post of the year... only because of all the bewbz!
Discipline
* DRUNKEN MONKEY *

Mood: The Alley Dukes

[*] posted on 1-5-2006 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:
Discipline you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of December and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

I'm guessing he will want the new Discipline cd ;)

Already ordered it the other day.

‘Do you know what a love letter is? It’s a bullet from a fucking gun. Straight through your heart.’
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:39 AM

JANUARY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the first winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for 2006! Its a new year and we've had lots of great conversations so far. A few stood out and got lots of people talking, but for the number of replies it got, the general controversy of the subject and because he's a nice guy, the winner for January 2006 is...

clevohardcore for the "New Bin Laden threat against the US" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it openly discussed a controversial and very sensitive subject without causing any internal issues with viewers and contributors.

clevohardcore's "New Bin Laden threat against the US" thread

Clevo you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of January and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future. I'm sure you have some of the releases already, but no one has enough music!

Congratulations to ClevoHardCore as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and I'll see you in 28 days with the second winner for 2006!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-4-2006 at 11:56 AM

I love this board. Good peoples on here. Every single one of you's. Thank you very much. This is very well appreciated.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
CR83

Mood: Harm's Way

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 05:25 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer person. Congrats Clevo
thedog
Posting Freak

Mood: Deals Gone Bad

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 08:37 PM

congrats clevo.

\"thank you very little\"
clevohardcore

[*] posted on 2-6-2006 at 08:50 PM

"Thank you, thank you very much" - *Elvis voice*

Seriously thanks for the kind words fellas.

Each aspect of the soul has it's own part to play, but the ideal is harmonious agreement with reason and control.
XHonusWagnerX

[*] posted on 3-4-2006 at 04:50 PM

FEBRUARY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for Black History month 2006! A few stood out and got lots of people talking, but for the number of replies it got and the variety of opinions the winner is....

DaveMoral for the "The connection between hip hop and hardcore" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it openly discussed a subject that I as well as many others have a strong opinion about and it brought up a bunch of long forgotten bands!

DAVES HARDCORE/HIP HOP THREAD

Dave won for that thread, but he also contributed a great thread about everyones favorite late night snack...

PUNKY CHIPS AHOY

Dave you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the shortest month of the year and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

Congratulations to Dave as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and see you next month with the third winner for 2006!

Side Note: As soon as Dave lets me know what CD he wants, I will look into if yours has been shipped or not Clevo!

Quote:

YOUR FRIEND,
PAULIE

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top