Thorp and Sailor's Grave Board

The return of the "WIN FREE CRAP FROM THORP RECORDS" contest

BDx13 - 3-31-2005 at 02:03 AM

That's right, we're bringing back one of our original contests. "What's the deal," you ask? Good question...

We will pick one one thread a month that is exemplary in some way, and the person who started that thread will win a copy of any currently-available Thorp release he or she wants.

WHY?
1. Because youse are always clamoring for free crap.
2. It's fun.
3. It encourages people to start engaging conversations on the board.

When?
Beginning April 1, we will choose one winner a month.

What does "exemplary" mean?
We will be looking primarily for threads that get people talking, spur debate, are extremely original, or are unique in some other way.

So there you have it. Hope you're into the idea. Last time we did this for about six or seven months (until the boards crashed), and I think it went rather well. Nothin' wrong with free stuff, right? Great. Now come up with some interesting topics to discuss, and start posting!

This thread will be pruned on occasions so that only the monthly announcements and replies from the winners will remain.

BDx13 - 6-1-2005 at 03:23 AM

All right peeps, I didn't totally forget about you. Because I'm a little tardy with the prizes, today I'm announcing a winner for April AND May.

April's winner is thedog for his last minute "any Star Wars fans here?" thread. Clearly a passionate topic for the Thorp Board regulars, it went on to garner over 60 replies and almost 500 views. Well done, dog!

May was a tough one to decide on, as there were a number of excellent threads started last month. First, I'd like to give an honorable mention to Todd's "Record Label Scum" thread. Here we had a healthy and respectful exchange between band members and label owners regarding the financial implications of being involved in the music industry. Good, insightful stuff. So, "why not give the prize to Todd?" Because I've known Todd for almost 15 years and he already gets all the music he wants from me!

The thread I am picking as May's winner is clevohardcore's "post horror stories of being in public and having to use the restroom". Well it's disgusting, but apparently you people loved it... to the tune of 30+ replies. But I'll tell ya, when the post first went up, I thought clevo had shot himself in the foot with his "THIS THREAD HAS GOT TO GET ME AT LEAST A FREE THROP SHIRT" commentary. OOOOHH, close one!

So, congratulations you two. Email me with your address and which cd you want form the thorp store, and I'll hook it up. As for the rest of you... it's June, and that means it's time for another round of "WIN FREE CRAP FROM THORP RECORDS", so start posting!

thedog - 6-1-2005 at 02:09 PM

thanks to everyone at Thorp for being so generous...
also thanks to all the other star wars geeks for makin it a popular thread.

i am selecting the new Angel City Outcasts CD

clevohardcore - 6-3-2005 at 05:26 PM

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME.

Hey going potty is something all of us have to do. Even the hottest of girls does the #2. It's really how you handle situations of urgent pottyness that separates the men-women for the boys-girls. Thanks to everyone who posted and I laughed my ass off many days at work checking in with everyones posts. They were all great. Just like THORP RECORDS. :P
Peace!

I'll would like the new OUT TO WIN cd. Also I want to add a couple things to this so I'll get in touch. Thanks again.

June Winners

BDx13 - 7-1-2005 at 07:36 PM

That's right, I'm decalring two winners for last month, but for slightly different reasons. Read on!

Our first winner is MrBadVibes. Of the several threads I bookmarked over the course of the month, serveral were started by MBV. Chief among them? "what do youz listen to besides hardcore?" for brining up so many great music recommendations and "dudes who wear the following" for bringing the previously unspoken conflict over flip flops to the surface.

We're also selecting defstarsteve because he offered every single one of our members a free tshirt. He takes care of our people, we take care of him. Thanks, Steve.

Please send me your mailing address along with the Thorp CD of your choice. Looking forward to another month of entertaining posts!

gavin - 7-1-2005 at 08:37 PM

awwww nice
i didnt read this until now
dig it

defstarsteve - 7-7-2005 at 08:21 PM

wow
I won something and my posts are like non existant right now
damn work
um okay i'll pick something
and pm you

July Winner

BDx13 - 8-12-2005 at 12:42 AM

This was tough one - another month with quite a few interesting and active threads. But before we get to our winner, I?d like to thank some of our close runner-ups for their excellent contributions in July:
- Todd for Hardcore Singers
- Moron?s getting caught staring at a chick's chest
- ChrisReed83 for Shuttle Launch- Space Program- Does anyone care?
- Discipline for THREE ?I?m drunk? posts in one night (1, 2, 3.) Wow. That?s true dedication, people.

This month?s winner of the ?Win Free Crap From Thorp Records? Contest never thought he would win. Just goes to show ya... Boycott Christian HC, you?re the man now, dog! ?Would you let your children get into hardcore?? Excellent question, insightful responses. Thank you.

Hit me up with an email or U2U with which Thorp CD you?d like, and we?ll get it out to ya!

BDx13 - 10-2-2005 at 11:10 PM

Apparently I completely slipped on announcing the winner for August, so here ya go... joemaconmovies for "What exactly is hardcore?". A great question with a number of great responses.

As for September, I've decided to go with XHonusWagnerX for, well, a number of very active threads, including the long-running "Record Picture Thread" as well as the two end of the month threads, "Bands you DONT like, but everyone else does?" and "Bands you LIKE that most other people HATE," all of which have garnered a very impressive number of responses.

XHonusWagnerX - 10-3-2005 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BIG DUANE
As for September, I've decided to go with XHonusWagnerX for, well, a number of very active threads, including the long-running "Record Picture Thread" as well as the two end of the month threads, "Bands you DONT like, but everyone else does?" and "Bands you LIKE that most other people HATE," all of which have garnered a very impressive number of responses.

Awesome! I feel so honored! Thanks!!!
So what happens now?

joemaconmovies - 10-5-2005 at 09:00 AM

haha, wow. i didn't even think that was still going on. yay me. i'll e-mail you my info right now.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-10-2005 at 01:40 PM

Stop the calls folks.... We have a winner!

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for October is XnMeX for his "Underrated Movies" thread & its sequel thread "Overrated Movies".

This thread was chosen for a few reasons. First off, it received a decent number of replies. Secondly I think it brought up some movies that people had forgotten about and definitely some that people may have never heard of and then gone to check out based on recommendations in the thread. The last thing that made it stand out for me was that it spawned a sequel thread, "Overrated Movies" also started by XnMeX! I'm not sure if that has happened before, but it?s definitely the first time I have seen it happen.

If you didn?t read the thread definitely go back and check it out and maybe find a new/old movie to check out!

Here?s the link to the thread incase anyone wants to revisit it.
UNDERRATED MOVIES...
http://www.thorprecords.com/boards/viewthread.php?tid=2555#p...
OVERRATED MOVIES...
http://www.thorprecords.com/boards/viewthread.php?tid=2582#p...

XnMeX can get a hold of Duane by U2U and let him know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else... There are still 3 weeks left in November so keep those threads coming!

XnMeX - 11-10-2005 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XHonusWagnerX
Jeeze... did anyone notice we have a winner... NME?

Sweet deal! I am off to the Thorp store and the mp3 area to figure out what cd I want. Thanks!:cool:

Novembers winner of 'Post Cool Shit, Win Free Crap!' is....

XHonusWagnerX - 12-1-2005 at 03:43 PM

Once again I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for November. This month was a tough call, there were lots of good threads that spawned other threads and lots of conversatin'. Unfortunately there can only be one winner each month... So with out further ado the winner for November is.......

Romantic Violence for the "The Judgment Night Soundtrack & Ice-T/Body Count Cop killer" thread.

This thread was selected because it got a bunch of replies and reads and brought up the long lost subject of the Rock/Rap collaboration! Who would have thought that in 2005 we could have an intelligent conversation about 'rap core'?!?!

If you didn?t read the thread definitely go back and check it out

Judgment Night Soundtrack & Ice-T/Body Count Cop Killer

Romantic Violence also started another thread that got a lot of attention and was also in the running for 'thread of the month'

SUICIDE GIRLS

Win or lose you can?t argue that a thread that brings out pictures of hot punk girls is a bad thing!

Romantic Violence you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of November and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

Congratulations to RV as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and I'll see you in 30 days with a new winner!

RomanticViolence - 12-2-2005 at 10:30 AM

Awww... this is awesome! you guys make everyday feel like kindergarden!

Honus.. i'll send you a U2U with my info

XHonusWagnerX - 1-5-2006 at 08:57 AM

Once again I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for December. This month was another tough call, there were lots of good threads that spawned other threads and lots of conversatin'. Unfortunately there can only be one winner each month... So with out further ado the winner for December is.......

Discipline for the "Hardcore music today" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it openly discussed the subjects of 'hardcore as a trend', 'scene points' and all the other crap that seems to go along with what to many people think is modern hardcore.

Disciplines 2 cents on 'Hardcore today'

Discipline you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of December and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future. Consider it a late Christmas present!

Congratulations to Discipline as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and I'll see you in 30 days with the first winner for 2006!

XnMeX - 1-5-2006 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Discipline you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of December and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

I'm guessing he will want the new Discipline cd ;)

GabeTexasGAMC - 1-5-2006 at 09:31 AM

Even though i shouldnt be allowed to play...
I think that THIS should be post of the year... only because of all the bewbz!

Discipline - 1-5-2006 at 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XnMeX
Quote:
Discipline you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of December and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

I'm guessing he will want the new Discipline cd ;)

Already ordered it the other day.

XHonusWagnerX - 2-4-2006 at 11:39 AM

JANUARY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the first winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for 2006! Its a new year and we've had lots of great conversations so far. A few stood out and got lots of people talking, but for the number of replies it got, the general controversy of the subject and because he's a nice guy, the winner for January 2006 is...

clevohardcore for the "New Bin Laden threat against the US" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it openly discussed a controversial and very sensitive subject without causing any internal issues with viewers and contributors.

clevohardcore's "New Bin Laden threat against the US" thread

Clevo you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the month of January and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future. I'm sure you have some of the releases already, but no one has enough music!

Congratulations to ClevoHardCore as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and I'll see you in 28 days with the second winner for 2006!

clevohardcore - 2-4-2006 at 11:56 AM

I love this board. Good peoples on here. Every single one of you's. Thank you very much. This is very well appreciated.

CR83 - 2-6-2006 at 05:25 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer person. Congrats Clevo

thedog - 2-6-2006 at 08:37 PM

congrats clevo.

clevohardcore - 2-6-2006 at 08:50 PM

"Thank you, thank you very much" - *Elvis voice*

Seriously thanks for the kind words fellas.

XHonusWagnerX - 3-4-2006 at 04:50 PM

FEBRUARY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for Black History month 2006! A few stood out and got lots of people talking, but for the number of replies it got and the variety of opinions the winner is....

DaveMoral for the "The connection between hip hop and hardcore" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it openly discussed a subject that I as well as many others have a strong opinion about and it brought up a bunch of long forgotten bands!

DAVES HARDCORE/HIP HOP THREAD

Dave won for that thread, but he also contributed a great thread about everyones favorite late night snack...

PUNKY CHIPS AHOY

Dave you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for kicking ass in the shortest month of the year and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can be rocking something new in the near future.

Congratulations to Dave as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and see you next month with the third winner for 2006!

Side Note: As soon as Dave lets me know what CD he wants, I will look into if yours has been shipped or not Clevo!

clevohardcore - 3-4-2006 at 05:25 PM

no problem. I haven't gotten the ACO cd yet, but I am looking forward to it.

DaveMoral - 3-4-2006 at 07:51 PM

Rad. That's awesome. Glad I could contribute something to the board. Thanks for all the responses and views guys. This was something I've been thinking about for like 6 months.

Time to shop. haha

BDx13 - 3-4-2006 at 09:07 PM

congratulations. i just hope ya don't skip town now that you've won!

DaveMoral - 3-5-2006 at 02:14 AM

Hahaha, no I've never had so much fun posting on a message board... except maybe starwars.com!

And yes, I'm a HUUUUUGE SW fan. Huge. I bought an Xbox just because it's got all the best SW games... yeesh.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-2-2006 at 08:53 AM

MARCH 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for the official month of my birth (March) 2006! This month was actually really hard to choose. There were a lot of great threads that had tons of views/replies and got people talking in the way we like to see. Unfortunately we can only choose one per month. So with out any further ado, the winner is....

thedog for the 'underrated bands' thread.

We picked this thread because it got a ton of responses and views (damn lurkers!) and it reminded some people about some bands that they may have forgotten about. It also turned into a bit of a debate when the twist of 'overrated bands' was brought up.

UNDERRATED BANDS!

dog you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize (and your name & address) for representing the Thorp proudly and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can have it sometime in the near future.

Congratulations to you as well as everyone else for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and see you next month!

Side Note: If you were a past winner and you still have not received your CD please U2U me as soon as you can so that I can check on it when I submit the info for this months winner.

clevohardcore - 4-12-2006 at 12:08 AM

I got my ACO cd finally. I decided to try something I normally would not. I ahve opened the mind up a but and I let ACo inside. FUCKIN A this is a great cd. I will be first in line fro the new one in a couple months. THE BAND NEEDS TO FUCKIN TOUR.

clevohardcore - 4-12-2006 at 12:09 AM

thanks again HONUS and BD and everyone esle. THORP RULES THE PLANET.

DaveMoral - 4-12-2006 at 08:56 PM

I got my Forced Reality disc yesterday... Awesome disc, especially the Merle Haggard cover.

Thanks a million Thorp! Expect to see orders coming in from me soon!

XHonusWagnerX - 4-12-2006 at 08:59 PM

Good to hear that you guys finally got your stuff. Im sorry that it took as long as it did, but I think that we have the system refined and that future winners will be getting the discs sooner.

On behalf of Thorp, thank you to everyone for all the contributions. Please keep it up!!

thedog - 4-12-2006 at 11:10 PM

i got my cd today. Very Fast.
Thorp Rules.
Thanks Fellas.

XHonusWagnerX - 5-2-2006 at 09:12 PM

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for the month of April 2006! This month was actually really hard to choose. There were a ton of great threads that had tons of views/replies and got people talking in the way we like to see. Unfortunately we can only choose one per month. So with out any further ado, the winner for the 2nd consecutive month is....

thedog for the what band can we all agree on? Back to the drawing board thread

We picked this thread because litereally got an INSANE ammount of views and replies. It also spawned one of the best conversation/debates since I started posting here.

There were some other great threads this month...

FAVORITE ARCADE GAME OF ALL TIME started by beaner

Top 10 Fav. Bands @ the Moment? started by Metal Mulisha

How do you make your living ? started by Spoiler

But I think that we can all agree that trying to agree on ONE band that we ALL like was an truely amazing thread!

If you didn?t read thedog's thread definitely go back and check it out

what band can we all agree on? Back to the drawing board

dog you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize (and your name & address) for representing the Thorp proudly. Your CD will ship ASAP under ONE CONDITION...
You have to revive the thread and helps us reach a conclusion about what band we can agree on! ;)

Congratulations to you as well as everyone else for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and see you next month!

XnMeX - 5-3-2006 at 09:16 AM

From the picture you used, I thought it was BCCH that one lol

XHonusWagnerX - 5-3-2006 at 07:28 PM

Damn it! I just noticed that the L in April is missing!

crazyfists28 - 5-3-2006 at 07:32 PM

still a cool touch on winning a prize...no worries

XHonusWagnerX - 5-31-2006 at 09:34 PM

MAY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for the month in which we celebrate mothers day as well as memorial day, thats right kids its May 2006! This month the winning thread didnt nessicarilly get the most replies, but it did start and continue the most thought provoking conversatoin. So with out any further ado, the winner is....

VOODOOBILLYMAN

When did hardcore go wrong?

Billy you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize (and your name & address) for representing the Thorp proudly and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can have it sometime in the near future.

Summer is a time that people tend to spend more time outside and while we here on the Thorp board encourage that, dont forget to keep coming by and adding to the community that we all call home!

thedog - 5-31-2006 at 10:05 PM

congrats voodoo.

DaveMoral - 5-31-2006 at 10:37 PM

That was an awesome thread, congrats Voodoo!

clevohardcore - 5-31-2006 at 11:04 PM

CONGRATS BRO.

Voodoobillyman - 6-1-2006 at 08:07 AM

aaaaww shucks. Thanks

upyerbum - 6-1-2006 at 02:38 PM

I knew that was gonna' win as soon as I started reading it. Congrats.

Voodoobillyman - 6-9-2006 at 08:52 AM

CD came in FAST!!!!! Thanks

XHonusWagnerX - 6-9-2006 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodoobillyman
CD came in FAST!!!!! Thanks

glad to hear it! Congrats once again!

XHonusWagnerX - 7-7-2006 at 01:37 PM

JUNE 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for the month of June 2006! This month was actually really hard to choose. I mean hell, this was a special month. For the first time in 100 years the date was 6/6/06! Anyway, there were a lot of great threads that had tons of views/replies and got people talking in the way we like to see. Unfortunately we can only choose one per month. So with out any further ado, the winner is....

MrBadVibes for the 'mouse in my house' thread.

We picked this thread because it was simply hysterical! It was entertaining & informative!! We do need to inform Mr.Vibes that we expect the songs to be recorded for his experimental album by the end of the year. If you talk to Andy maybe they can be the first THORP release for 2007!

MOUSE IN MY HOUSE!

Mr.Vibes you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize (and your name & address) for representing the Thorp proudly and I shall pass it along to the powers that be so you can have it sometime in the near future.

Six66Mike - 7-9-2006 at 02:11 AM

I haven't won shit in ages, I should start making cooler posts about shit instead of vaccines and stuff haha.

The NJ Bloodline thread has to be a winner! :D

RomanticViolence - 7-16-2006 at 01:16 AM

i just wanted to see my name here

Discipline - 7-16-2006 at 01:42 PM

ROMANTIC VIOLENCE

XHonusWagnerX - 8-1-2006 at 09:07 AM

JULY 2006 WINNER OF SOME FREE CRAP!

It's time to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, win free crap" Thorp Board contest for JULY 2006! A few stood out and got lots of people talking, but for the number of replies it got and the variety of opinions the winner is....

....for the slightly controversial "Boston Beatdown" thread.

We picked this thread because it got a bunch of replies with a very varied ammount of different opinions all of wich were very strong!

BOSTON BEATDOWN

MM won for that thread, but he also contributed a great thread about the new Hatebreed LP which lots of people have been wating for...

NEW HATEBREED

MM you can U2U me with what CD you would like as your prize for the month and we will get it out to you ASAP.

Congratulations to MM as well as the rest of you for keeping this board informative, fun, friendly and alive! Please keep it up and see you next month!!

XHonusWagnerX - 9-2-2006 at 02:36 PM

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for August is beaner for his "Johnny cash, how come.........." thread.

This thread was chosen for all the standrad reasons, like views, replies etc. It was also a great contribution by a relativly new poster. The last reason it was chosen is that it kind of hit home with me. I got into Johnny Cash way later than most people and the replies from everyone helped me figure out what other records I should pick up. Hopefully it did the same for a few of you guys too!

beaners Johnny Cash thread

beaner can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming and remember at Throrp there are no losers.... theres just one person that wins a little more each month!

beaner - 9-3-2006 at 08:03 AM

Thanks guy's. and i'll track down some of the suggestions you've said.

like i said before, being hardcore is just saying another way of keeping it real, and the 'cash' obviously did that all his career so in way, johnny cash WAS hardcore. i'll have a think on what cd to recieve (how long till the new northside kings?)

thanks again and i love you all!!!!!

JawnDiablo - 9-4-2006 at 12:01 PM

i love free crap. and i love seeing my name everywhere. so there!

beaner - 9-21-2006 at 07:29 AM

i recieved my cd yesterday. i picked 'IRONBOUND- With a Brick'

its goood.

XHonusWagnerX - 10-12-2006 at 08:20 PM

Pay attention kids this month is a special one! I am proud to announce the winners (yes that is right I said WINNERS) of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for August are DISCIPLINE for his "A slight overreaction?" thread. In addition to Discipline we are also recognizing VOODOO and DAVEMORAL as winners for debating so actively and being so patient and such good sports through it all!

This thread was chosen because I think that it signifys what most of us love about the Thorp board. We can all share ideas, ideals and theories in a totally mature way. In this thread (as well as some others in the past) DaveMoral has had his religion publicly berated and looked down on but Dave always takes it with a grain of salt and even the things that are said are said in thought out ways and never maliciously.

Here?s the link to the thread incase anyone wants to revisit it, which I strongly suggest....
Disciplines "A slight overreaction?" thread about the Pope

The three of you guys can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Also be sure to send me your address. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming and remember at Throrp there are no losers.... theres just one person (or three!) that wins a little more each month!

Discipline - 10-12-2006 at 08:25 PM

Second time. In the immortal words of Ric Flair; WHOOOOO!!!

Voodoobillyman - 10-12-2006 at 09:00 PM

wow, my bitching and griping pays off? This is so against everything I have ever learned. thanks for putting up with me Dave, you ARE a good sport and I have much respect for you bro. Hows the lad?

thedog - 10-12-2006 at 11:21 PM

congrats fellas.

DaveMoral - 10-13-2006 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
wow, my bitching and griping pays off? This is so against everything I have ever learned. thanks for putting up with me Dave, you ARE a good sport and I have much respect for you bro. Hows the lad?

Damn, who'da thunk it?

Voodoo, were it a few years ago I may have been a bit less patient... more zealous and living under certain illusions that my co-religionists are my "brothers." The lot that are causing the whole world problems right now would kill me faster than they'd kill you. I serve the double crime of being American and a Shi'ite Muslim. Go fuckin' figure right? Add on top of that a tattooed guy that listens to punk rock and you've got a combination for being the uber-hated "kafir" by those dudes.

Seriously, I respect that you and others have opinions on religion in general that I may not agree with and on mine in particular because let's face it... some very prominent renegades are defacing the beautiful tradition of Islam right now.... and others have in the past. So... to each his own.

Glad I could participate in the thread and all of us could get some shit off our chests... and get some opinions out there that we even seem to have agreed on to some extent. Thorp definitely presents a unique venue for this sort of thing.

Lastly , thank you Thorp Recs and the board crew, Bid D and Josh, for giving us this place to get into the nitty gritty like that without crazy flame wars... and thanks for hooking me and Voodoo up as well as Discipline.

Now's time to figure out what disc to get...

DaveMoral - 10-13-2006 at 08:44 PM

By the way Voodoo, the wee one is doing great. Getting his first tooth, just a tiny bit of his left incisor is poking out and he's been having some colds.... me him and the wife have been kicking around the same cold for a couple weeks. He's friggin' huge though, I'll have to post some pics of the youngling... we got him a cool scally cap at Gymboree the other day. He looks just like his dad when he wears that.... minus the facial hair that is...

Voodoobillyman - 10-16-2006 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveMoral
By the way Voodoo, the wee one is doing great. Getting his first tooth, just a tiny bit of his left incisor is poking out and he's been having some colds.... me him and the wife have been kicking around the same cold for a couple weeks. He's friggin' huge though, I'll have to post some pics of the youngling... we got him a cool scally cap at Gymboree the other day. He looks just like his dad when he wears that.... minus the facial hair that is...

Thats awesome bro! A scally cap for lil ones? Cutting teeth is fun, we have had it easy with our lil lady, but we havent dealt with molars yet..........yikes:mad:
You say he's big whats his weight and height?

DaveMoral - 10-16-2006 at 05:18 PM

He's like 2ft ish and around 20 lbs at 6 months.

XHonusWagnerX - 11-10-2006 at 08:45 AM

Stop the calls folks.... We have a winner! Sorry its a little late this month.... totally my fault!

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest forOCTOBER is the newbie MORGAN for his "MISFITS" thread.

I picked this thread because... well lets be honest... it was October and the thread was about the freeking Misfits... need I say more!?

Morgans... MISFITS thread...

Morgan can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming and remember at Throrp there are no losers.... theres just one person that wins a little more each month!

morgan - 11-12-2006 at 06:04 PM

Awesome. Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been out of town for the past few days. I'll let you know whenever I figure which cd to get.

morgan - 11-21-2006 at 12:18 AM

My cd came in and I got paid today, I guess not all Mondays suck. I got Clenched Fist and so far I like what I'm hearing.

XHonusWagnerX - 12-1-2006 at 03:29 PM

CLEAR CUT WINNER this month that I think EVERYONE would agree on.... Jason the Magnificent

for staring the X-mas Mix CD trade thread

Everyone that participated is a winner this month because we're all getting TONS of free music, but we wanted to award an extra CD to Jason for bringing the idea to the Thorp!

Thanks to everyone for posting lots of cool shit and just making this the best hardcore board on the web! I hope you all have an amazing holiday!!!

Jason you can U2U me your address and what Thorp or Sailors Grave CD you want for being the poster of the month!

DAK - 12-1-2006 at 04:17 PM

I knew that thread was a lock this month. Ha.

Discipline - 12-1-2006 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
I knew that thread was a lock this month. Ha.

JawnDiablo - 12-1-2006 at 06:29 PM

and what a great idea it was.

Jason the Magnificent - 12-1-2006 at 08:23 PM

haha thanks...I just opened this up to see what thread was the winner and lo and behold...

ill u2u

beaner - 12-2-2006 at 01:01 PM

i dont think there is anybody i dont like on here.

you are all good people.

just thought id tell u all.

Six66Mike - 12-3-2006 at 01:09 AM

I need to come up with a good thread for December.

Spoiler - 12-3-2006 at 09:57 AM

I thought for sure that my "remember when" thread was gonna win last month....and then along came that misfits thread and fucked me up.....Damn

XHonusWagnerX - 1-7-2007 at 10:49 AM

First off, I'm sorry for the delay in announcing Decembers winner. I just didnt have time. That being said Im proud to announce the LAST winner for 2006!

The winner is.....
Most memorable show of 2006 thread posted by.... Kid Ugly

It was a tough one this this month, but we picked Kid Uglys thread because it was it was kind of a nice way to look back at the year in review!

KID UGLY you can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else..... keep those threads coming through the new year!

Kid Ugly - 1-12-2007 at 01:57 AM

Oh fuck, I've never won one of these. Fuck...Thorp rules! Thanks fellas!

XHonusWagnerX - 2-7-2007 at 12:26 PM

Sorry for the delay in annoucing the winner of the 'free shit' contest for January 2007. Ive been wicked sick and had some family stuff going on so I havent been on the board as much as I want to be. So I am sorry for that and without further adoo....

The winner is.....
I'M A FUCKING MESS by Lucabrasi

There were a ton of kick ass threads just like we have every month but we went with Lucabrasi becuase he had a really rough month and at least for me the thread made me think about the older members of my family and how I would handle a situation like that if I was in it.

Luca you can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations! To everyone else thanks for just making this board so kick ass!

Also... a huge congratulations and a big welcome to all the new 'Thorp Babies' that have been coming into the world in the last few months and in the coming months!

CR83 - 2-7-2007 at 01:01 PM

Good Call Honus. It was a kick ass thread but maybe this is a bright spot for Luca in a rather cloudy time. Good on ya both.

DAK - 2-7-2007 at 01:26 PM

Word!

Voodoobillyman - 2-7-2007 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
Word!

Discipline - 2-7-2007 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DAK
Word!

clevohardcore - 2-7-2007 at 04:18 PM

congrats. Luca

Lucabrasi - 2-8-2007 at 10:04 PM

you guys are to nice. It has been a really rough month but I can honstly say having you people to help me through it made me feel so much better. Thank you all. Now time to pick my cd :)

XHonusWagnerX - 3-11-2007 at 06:26 PM

I am proud to announce the winner of the "post cool shit, get free crap" contest for February is Discipline for 'what band took most of your money'

This thread was chosen for a few reasons. First off, it received a decent number of replies. Secondly I think it reminded us all about how much money we 'waste' on punk rock... hahaha... well okay, it did that for me at least!

If you didn?t read the thread definitely go back and check it out.

What band has taken the most of your money - thread

Discipline can get a hold of me by U2U and let me know what CD you want as your prize. Congratulations!

Lucabrasi - Since the CD you picked was sold out, let me know what you want in its place ASAP so we can get it sent out to you.

Discipline - 3-11-2007 at 08:56 PM

Thanks man. That's my second time.

XHonusWagnerX - 4-9-2007 at 11:07 AM

This month was a VERY VERY tough decision but unfortunantly we can only have one winner so we had to make the choice.

The thread we went with as the winner for March (the month of my birth!) is Hardcore: Stick the fork in it. started by Jason the Magnificent.

It was a great thread, got lots of responses and it really got people talking about a topic (or problem based on what some of us think) that in one way or another effects us all!

We do want to give an honorable mention to stateofdisgrace for his thread
TMNT-The Original Flicks. This one also got lots of replies and got us talking about the Turtles which is something that a bunch of us (the old bitter fucks) grew up with!

Like I said, we can only have one winner so Jason the Magnificent send me a U2U with your address and what Thorp or Sailors Grave CD you would like and we will get it out to you asap.

To stateofdisgrace and the rest of the board congratulations for another month of awesome posts!! See you all next month!

ps. past winners that have not gotten the CDs they asked for yet, I am working on getting them to you ASAP, thanks for your patience!

Jason the Magnificent - 4-10-2007 at 09:12 AM

haha, I forgot sometimes I post relevant topics!

I'll take a look at the CD's and let ya know.

Six66Mike - 5-11-2007 at 05:38 PM

Who got next? :cool: